Sunday, December 28, 2008

CHRISTMAS!!!

We had such a great Christmas season this year! Boy is it great to be in a country that has Christmas! Don't get me wrong, I loved last Christmas - singing carols with friends in Baku is a memory I will always love. :) I miss all my Peace Corps friends, for sure!!This Christmas I felt so blessed.
Jesse and I went to The Nutcracker done by the Eugene Ballet. It is a childhood tradition I always adored. It was fun to share it with Jesse!

We went to Albany to spend time with Jesse's parents and grandparents.

The day before Christmas Eve, I had my Grandma over to make her famous sugar cookies. It was great to have her over to my house to do this- when we were little my brother and I always went to her house to help her.

We had a wonderful time at Dad and Deena's house for Christmas Eve with Grandma, Adam, Trisha, Brady and Nicole. Dad and Deena gave us a fantastic new laptop- it should help with grad school next month (ack!!). My lovely husband surprised me with a KitchenAid! Like I said, I was blessed.

On Christmas we went up to Willamette Pass with Mom and Steve.
It was one of the best days I've ever seen at Willamette. There was about 8 inches of fresh power, clear skies, no crowds and not a breath of wind. It was a great way to spend Christmas (and burn off some of the cookies!).

We also sneaked in time with Kenton, Katrina and Finn, went to a Christmas Eve service at our church, a couple movies with friends, and lots of fun times together.

I hope your Christmas was filled with many blessings!

3 comments:

Katrina Henry said...

on man! I'm coming to your house to bake! Lucky!

Kirstin said...

Yayy Kitchen aid mixers! We have one too and love it!

Merry Christmas!

Kirstin

Anonymous said...

I am so jealous you went to the Nutcracker. I was just saying the other day (well, around Christmas) that I miss seeing that every year. The next time I'm in Eugene around Christmas... Miss you, by the way! :)