Monday, May 5, 2008

Drinking tap water...

That's right, folks! I am currently drinking a glass of water I got straight from a tap! I didn't boil it! I didn't run the boiled water through a filter! I'm drinking it straight!

Why - you may ask. Well, about 25 hours ago we got on a plane in Baku and about 1 hour ago we landed in Washington DC. I (Carolyn) have been having some back trouble and the Peace Corps medical office decided it would be a good idea to send me (and my dear husband) to DC to have it checked out. We will go see the doctors tomorrow morning, and won't really know much until then. Tonight we're going to go to Safeway (!!!!), do laundry (!!!!!!!!), take baths (!!!!!!!!!!!) and go to bed early - a really nice bed (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!). We are excited about these plans. :)

I've never been to DC and I think we'll get a lot of time between meetings and appointments to do some sight seeing. That will be fun!!

If it isn't obvious, we are really positive and I'm feeling pretty good! So, don't worry about us, but keep us in your prayers! We will keep you updated!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Its so great to hear that you are here, enjoying all these things we take for granted. Enjoy every indulgence you can, and keep us posted! We're thinking about you all the time!
Love
Heather

Katrina Henry said...

Yay! You made it! I'm sure you're exhausted after that much traveling. Glad to hear from you. Keep us updated...we'll keep praying for you! Love you!

Anonymous said...

YAY! YAY! YAY! YAY!
Safeway! Baths! Sleep! YAY!
I am so excited I can't stand it!
YAY!

Mom Eugene

Anonymous said...

Carolyn and Jesse, you've chosen a lovely time to visit D.C. - the weather is still cool and you'll miss the summertime crowds. If you get a chance, visit the Spy Museum - too much fun! I'm praying for good news from the doctors, followed by speedy, painless treatment, if necessary.

Keep us posted!
Bonnie's Mom

Anonymous said...

Yippee!!! Have a wonderful relax....we'll be waiting to hear what you find out tomorrow--for now, we are so happy you are here safe and sound.

Debbie (the Grable kind)

Anonymous said...

woohoo! We are glad the hear that u made it safe and sound.We will be thinking of u both. Enjoy some good food and sights and keep us posted. Love Auntie Kim

hechtr said...

Oh YES! I can hear the excitement all the way in Eugene and my goosebumps could prove it if I could capture them in a photo (but they're shy[-;)
YAY-DC!
love and prayers,
Janice (Finn Henry's Memaw for 1)