Wednesday, November 19, 2008

The Beach!

For our anniversary we went to the coast (Yachats) and stayed the weekend. It was stormy, it was sunny, it was wonderful.


The misses got some new rain boots and I busted out the AZ shoes.


It was exactly the kind of weather we were hoping for. Carolyn put her new boots to the test.


The wind was blowing the sand like crazy and I just couldn't resist.


We had lunch at a lovely new place in Newport...Local Ocean Seafoods


Carolyn had the fish and chips and I had steamer clams and oyster shooters. Oh my, what a wonderful lunch. It was great to get away from the city. I read an entire book (albeit it was only 175 pages long) and Carolyn got lots of studying done. Fun!

2 comments:

Katrina Henry said...

Looks like you guys have had a couple of great get-aways. Fun!

Anonymous said...

I miss the beach! Even when it was all stormy and icky out, there was just something about it...much better than a Great Lake. I'm jealous.

(happy anniversary again) :)